Uncooled LWIR Photodetectors in CO2 Laser Beam Profilers
VIGO System S.A., an independent producer of infrared detectors and accessories,
offers the detector user high quality products at competitive prices with
on-time deliveries. VIGO System. continually provides customers with state-of-the-art
products combined with IR technology expertise, based on a working knowledge
of user applications. The 10.6 mm ambient temperature
photodetectors manufactured at VIGO are characterized by the following,
The uncooled HgCdTe photodetectors manufactured at VIGO are a unique alternative
to the currently available pyroelectric detectors. At low frequencies their
detectivity is approximately the same as in the case of commercially available
pyroelectric detectors. At high frequencies of 100 MHz or more, the detectivity
of VIGO's photodetectors exceeds by over 10000 times, the detectivity of
the pyroelectric detectors operated at the same frequencies. The HgCdTe
detectors can detect both pulsed and modulated CW CO2 laser radiation.
Thanks to small size and low power consumption they can be mounted in small
- ambient temperature operation D* up to 1x108cmHz1/2/W
- <1 nanosecond response time
- wide dynamic range
- light-weight, rugged and reliable
- convenient to use
- low cost
If for any reason the offered detector doesn't meet all your
requirements we would welcome the opportunity to assist you in selection and/or
development of the appropriate high performance detector for your applications.
More technical details about detectors manufactured at VIGO,
can be found in:
- W. Galus and F.S. Perry "High Speed, Room Temperature HgCdTe
CO2-Laser Detectors". Laser Focus/Electro-Optics, Vol.20,
No 11, 76-82, (Nov 1984).
- A. Rogalski and J.Piotrowski, Prog. Quant. Elect., 12, 87 (1988) and
related papers cited therein.
- J. Piotrowski, W.Galus, M.Grudzien, Near Room Temperature Photodetectors,
Infrared Physics, Vol. 31 (1990).
- M. Grudzien and J.Piotrowski, Infrared Physics, Vol. 29, 261 (1989).
- J. Piotrowski and A. Rogalski, High-Operating Temperature IR Photodetectors,
SPIE Press, 2007
- Vigo's data sheets.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Send email to the Webmaster at